When water stands in clogged gutters, a few bad things happen. First, it's a perfect breeding area for mosquito larvae. Second, the excess weight from the water creates constant pressure on the nails holding your gutters in place. Third, pooled water can leak out of gutters in the wrong places. Constant dampness from pooled water can rot your fascia, and eventually your gutters can fall off, leaving you to deal with a repair that costs more than gutter cleaning.
When gutters get full and overflow, the excess water runs down and rests beside your home's foundation. The constant moisture can damage your foundation, but that's not all. Some of the water seeps into the basement and can form mildew and dangerous mold if left untreated.
Tips for cleaning YOUR Gutters
- Clean your gutters at least once a year if your yard is free of trees. Clean gutters at least twice per year if you have a lot of foliage around your home.
- Wear thick gloves because gutters have sharp edges. Gloves also protect your hands from smelly debris that collects in gutters.
- Avoid the hassle of moving the ladder every few feet by walking on the roof and kneeling down to clean gutters, but only if your roof's pitch isn't too steep and you have a good sense of balance.
- It's better to hire someone to clean your gutters if you have concerns about safety or if you are uneasy around heights.
- Call Innovative Glass 865-455-9871 for a FREE quote today!! Serving all of Knoxville, Tn.